Links Superintendent – The Island Golf Club
Posted: 29th March 2021
Closing: 26th April 2021
Location: The Island Golf Club – Republic of Ireland
The Island Golf Club, founded in 1890, is a traditional Members’ club with a proud history. Flanked by the Irish Sea coast facing the North County Dublin town of Malahide, and nestled within stunning formations of sand dunes, it is regarded as one of Ireland’s finest links courses, being consistently ranked in the Top 10. It enjoys a strong international reputation, attracting large numbers of overseas visitors, and has played host to many national and international championships, including Regional Qualifying for The Open Championship, Qualifying for the British Amateur Championship, the European Youths Championship, the Irish PGA Championship and the Irish Close Championship.
The Club is now inviting applications for the position of Links Superintendent. It seeks to recruit a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate strong abilities in all aspects of golf course management and greenkeeping in a traditional links environment. The successful candidate will be capable of organising, motivating and managing the greenkeeping team and must bring a high standard of presentation to the links. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in a similar working environment.
Requirements: The candidate is expected to have:
- Recognised industry qualifications in golf course management, greenkeeping and pesticide application techniques
- An ability to motivate, manage and supervise the greenkeeping team, with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability in record keeping, budgetary preparation, forecasting and monitoring
- Proficiency with modern communications and IT systems, including golf course management software
- Knowledge and understanding of health & safety legislation and requirements
- The ability to prepare and implement personal training plans for the needs of the existing staff
- The ability to implement an environmentally sustainable maintenance programme on the links
- The ability to plan, manage and maintain the maintenance equipment inventory
- The capability to manage and maintain a computer controlled irrigation system.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Applications, including full CV, should be sent to the Honorary Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26th April 2021